Ardhagiri Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy temple is situated in Aragonda village, Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh and also dedicated to Lord Hanuman. The Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy temple was believed to be built in the 12th century by Nolamba dynasty. Ardhagiri Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy temple is closely associated to Ramayana, one of the great epics of India. It is said that during Tretayuga, the second Yuga among the four yugas which are described as the ages of mankind, Lord Hanuman bought Sanjeevani Parvatham, a powerful life-restoring herb, to save the life of Lord Lakshmanan when he fell unconscious during a war.
And it was believed that on Lord Hanuman’s journey by lifting the entire mountain as he was unable to find the Sanjeevani Parvatham herb, half of the mountain fell down at a particular place which is named as Ardhagiri, where ‘Ardha’ refers to the meaning “Half” and ‘giri’ refers to the meaning “Mountain” in Telugu language. The Ardhagiri Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy temple holds the sacred Sanjeevaraya Pushkarini (pond or temple tank) which contains the holy theertham which never gets dried up in any situation.
And drinking the holy water from Sanjeevaraya Pushkarini is believed to cure all sorts of diseases. The presiding deity of this temple is Lord Anjaneya (Hanuman), who is called by the name Ardhagiri Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy. And it is said that the rays of the sun passes through the sanctum and fall on the feet of Lord Anjaneya and finally the sun rays disappears when it reaches beyond the head region of Lord Anjaneya.
- Suprabatham – 5.00 AM to 5.30 AM
- Alankaram – 5.30 AM to 6.00 AM
- Saswatha Archana – 6.00
- Sarvadharshanam – 6.10 AM to 7.00 AM
- Naivedhyam – 7.00 AM to 7.30 AM
- Sarvadharshanam – 7.30 AM to 9.00 AM
- Abishekam – 9.00 AM to 10.00 AM
- Sarvadharshanam – 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
- Aku Pooja – 11.30 AM to 12.00 AM
- Naivedyam – 12.00 PM to 12.30 PM
- Sarvadharshanam – 12.30 PM to 1.15 PM
- Sarvadharshanam – 1.45 PM to 3.30 PM
- Sahasranama Archana – 3.30 PM to 4.00 PM
- Temple cleaning – 4.00 PM to 4.15 PM
- Sarvadharshanam – 5.30 PM to 7.00 PM
- Naivedyam – 7.00 PM to 7.30 PM
- Sarvadharshanam – 7.30 PM to 9.00 PM
Poornima day festival
Frequent buses are available to Aragonda village and from there we need to take auto to reach the temple.
Chitoor is the nearest railway station to Ardhagiri Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy temple.
Tirupati airport is the nearest airport to reach Ardhagiri Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy temple.
- Kanipakam Vinayaka Temple
- Tirumala Venkateswara Temple
- Srikalahasti Temple
- Boiyakonda Gangamma Temple
- Kulandeshwara Temple
- Sri Kodandaramaswami Temple