Arulmigu Kaliamman Temple is located in the city of Dindigul, Tamil Nadu. Temple dedicated to the goddess Amman. The north side of the temple. Goddess loves the scenes sitting on the north side of the temple. Devotees seek the grace and approval of Mother Kali Amman for proceeding with marriage talks, building houses and starting a business by placing flowers of different colours at her feet and expect the one of their choice to be given back to them. It is noteworthy that the first Maa Vilakku, a lamp made of a paste of rice flour and ghee is taken to Dindigul Kottai Mari Amman temple from this temple only during the Masi festival in February-March. Karuppanasam and Madurai veeran sami are standing at the entrance of the temple. There are shrines for Lord Kalabhairava, Navagrahas the nine planets, Lord Dakshinamurthy, Lord Muruga, Lord Kannimoola Ganapathy, Pechi Amman, Lord Kailasanathar, Lord Varadaraja Perumal and Sri Anjaneya. There is a trident, Lord Vinayaka at the entrance of the temple. The Rajagopuram is 32 feet tall with Kali Amman, Saraswathi and Mahalakshmi statues.
This place was previously closed with the bushes and was unhealthy for any improvement. Around 200 years ago, one Pichaimuthu found this Swayambu Amman.The place began to see new bright times, and people upgraded it to human habitation. Pujaris took charge of the temple maintenance on hereditary basis. Pechi Amman had a statue from Tirupuvanam River. Gradually, the temple grew in name and fame adding other Gods and Goddesses around the prakara of the temple. The temple is sublime with a Rajagopuram of common features of Tamil Nadu temples.
Morning 6.30 a.m. to 12.00 a.m.
Evening 5.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
- Chithra Pournami Special Pooja are conducted.
- Vaikasi Big festival 15 days celeberated.
- Aadi all fridays special poojas conducted.
- Puratasi Vinayagar sathurthi
- Navarathiri celeberated in 9 days.
- Chariot festival Dhanurmatham in 30 days.
- Ippasi gowri viratham (sumangali pooja).
- Markali 30 days Morning 5.00 to 5.30 special poojas are conducted.
- Thai Pongal & Thai Poosam special poojas are conducted in this temple.
Arulmigu Kaliamman Temple is 900m from the Dindigul bus stand,directly auto and taxi is are available to this temple.The temple is 50 km from Madurai.
Nearest Railway Station is located at Dindigul. 53m from Arulmigu Kaliamman Temple to Dindigul railway station.
Nearest Airport is located at Madurai International Airport, 90.8km distance between the Arulmigu Kaliamman Temple to Coimbatore Airport.
- Sri Abirami Amman Temple
- Anjaneya Temple
- Sri Varadaraja Perumal Temple
- Arulmigu Sri Kottai Mariamman Templehttp://www.templedetails.com/arulmigu-sri-kottai-mariamman-temple-dindigul/
- Nanmai Tharum 108 Vinayagar Kovil