Lakshmi Narayan Temple is also called as Birla Temple (or) Birla Mandir is located in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. This temple is built in a style of Nagar architecture and was constructing using the modern technologies and styles. Birla mandir presents an awe-inspiring site, which is surrounded with flowers and fountains. The special feature of this temple is that Lakshmi Narayan Temple have become a best landmark for design and grandiose scale. Lakshmi Narayan Temple was said to be built by the Birla Family, which is connected with the industrial and social history of India.
The presiding deity of this temple is Goddess Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth, who is found along with His consort Lord Narayana (Lord Vishnu). The Birla Mandir also houses the deities of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, the consort of Lord Shiva. The temple glows in a charming sandy yellowish color and the entrance contains a beautiful archway, which attracts the pilgrims. There is a Museum near Lakshmi Narayan temple, which contains a huge collections of carvings and wonderful sculptures.
The temple remains open from morning 06.30 AM to 07.00 PM in the night.
- Diwali – October/November
- Dussehra – October
- Bharat Bhavan Summer Festival – May
- Shivratri – February/March
- Holi Festival – February/March
Birla Family have built various temples in different cities. The temples built by the Birla Family are:
- Birla Mandir (Laxminarayan Temple) – Delhi
- Birla Mandir (Venkateswara Temple) – Hyderabad
- Birla Mandir (Lakshmi Narayan Temple) – Kanpur
- Birla Mandir (Radha Krishna Temple) – Kolkata
- Birla Mandir (Krishna Temple) – Kurukshetra
- Birla Mandir (Vithoba Temple) – Shahad
- Birla Mandir (Sharda Peeth) – BITS Pilani
- Birla Mandir (Lakshmi Narayan Temple) – Bhopal
- Birla Mandir (Lakshmi Narayan Temple) -Jaipur
- Birla Mandir (Lakshmi Narayan Temple) – Patna
- Birla Mandir (Rama Temple) – Akola
- Birla Mandir (Shiva Temple) – Varanasi
- Birla Mandir (Shiva Temple) – Renukoot
- Birla Mandir (Vishnu Temple) – Nagda
- Birla Mandir (Shiva Temple) – Brajrajnagar
- Birla Mandir (Surya Temple) – Gwalior
- Birla Mandir (Ganesha Temple) – Alibaug
- Tulsi Birla Manas Mandir (Ram Temple) – Varanasi
Extensive bus services are available for getting to various places in and around Madhya Pradesh. Daily buses are available for places like Sanchi (46 km), Vidisha (56 km), Indore (186 km), Ujjain (188 km) Pachmarhi (195 km) and Jabalpur (295 km).
The nearest railway station to Lakshmi Narayan Temple is Bhopal railway station which is 3 Km away from the temple.
The nearest airport to Lakshmi Narayan Temple is Bairagarh airport, Bhopal which is 8 Km away from Lakshmi Narayan temple.
- Chaturbhuj Temple
- Ram Mandir
- Hanuman Mandir
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga
- Omkareshwar Temple
- Pashupatinath Temple
- Chintaman Ganesh Temple
- Devi Jagadambi Temple
- Gajanan Maharaj Temple