Kaleshwaram Temple (or) Kaleshwara Muktheshwara Swamy Temple is also called as Dakshina Gangotri and is located at the border of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra on the banks of river Godavari and also dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is situated in the village of Kaleshwaram, district of Karimnagar, broadly near the state of Telangana, India. Kaleshwaram Temple is considered as one of the Trilinga Desham, the land of Three Shivalingams. The Trilinga Temples are:
- Bhimeswaram or Draksharamam
The presiding deity of Kaleshwaram temple is Lord Shiva. And the special feature of this temple is that the two sacred Shivalingams are found on a single pedestal. The two sacred Shivalingams are considered as Lord Shiva and Lord Yama, the god of death. And the deity is called as Lord Kaleshwara Mukteshwara Swamy. The temple has a separate shrine for Lord Ganesha. The devotees are said to worship Lord Ganesha first and then Lord Yama and finally Lord Shiva.
Kaleshwaram temple offers two types of Prasadam (religious offering). One is Tamarind rice and the other is Laddu. The mythology was that one of the Vaishyas had performed Abisheka to Lord Kaleshwara Mukteshwara Swamy at this temple with the hundreds of milk pots. And the milk was said to have evolved at the sangamam of river Godavari and Pranahita, and hence it is called as Dakshina Gangotri.
- Suprabhatha Seva – 4.30 AM to 5.30 AM
- Abhishekam – 5.30 AM to 6.30 AM
- Darshanam – 7 AM to 12.30 AM
- Ashwatha Shiva kalyanam – 9.30 AM to 10.30 AM
- Anna Puja and Maha Nivedana – 12.30 PM to 1.00 PM
- Dwara Bhandanam (Temple will be closed) – 1.00 pm to 3.30 PM
- Darshanam – 3.30 PM to 6.00 PM
- Pradoshakala Puja – 6.00 PM to 7.30 PM
- Dwara Bhandanam (Temple will be closed) – 8.00 PM
- Maha Shivaratri – February/March
- Karthika month Utsavam – November/December
Bus service is available from Warangal, Parkal, Karimnager and Manthani provided by RTC and Godavarikhani and Peddapalli
The nearest railway stations are Karimnagar, Peddapalli, Ramagundem, and Hyderabad.
The nearest Airport is Hyderabad.
- Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Devunipalli
- Sai Shiva Balaji Mandir
- Sri Dubba Rajeshwara Swamy Temple
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Karimnagar
- Sri Raja Rajeshwara temple
- Sri Trilinga Sanghameshwara swamy temple