Sri Padmavathi Ammavari temple is located at Tiruchanur (Alamelu Mangapuram), Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh and also dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Vishnu. The presiding deity of this temple is Goddess Padmavathi also called as Goddess Alamelumanga, the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi, facing the east direction. The Pushkarani (temple tank) of Sri Padmavathi Ammavari temple is Padmasarovaram Pushkarani. And it is said that the Goddess manifested in this temple tank as a golden lotus flower (Padma). Hence the temple is known to be called as Sri Padmavathi Ammavari temple.
The mythology says that the goddess Sri Padmavathi Ammavari was performing penance for twelve years on the banks of the river swarnamukhi. During the thirteenth year of Kartika month (November-December), and on a Panchami day, Goddess Padmavathi was believed to have emerged from a golden lotus. The temples of Lord Sri Krishna Swamy Sri SundararajaSwamy are found inside the temple complex of Sri Padmavathi Ammavari temple. The temple also contains the shrine of Lord Suryanarayanan.
- Suprabatham – 5:00 AM
- Sahashra Namarchana – 5:30 AM
- Padmavathi Parinayam (Kalyanotsavam) – 10:30 AM
- Unjala Seva – 5:00 AM
- Ekantha Seva – 9:00 AM
- Sarvadarsanam – 7.00 AM to 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Vasantotsavam – May
- Vara Lakshmi Vratham – August
- Pavithrotsavam – September
- Navarathri Festival – September/October
- Karthikai month Festival – November/December
- Theppotsavam – June
A number of buses are operated by government operator APSRTC and private operators connecting Tirupati to other major cities and towns such as Vijayawada, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam etc.
Nearest railway station is Tirupati railway station. It is connected to Chennai Suburban Railway’s North Line. The other nearest stations are Renigunta, Chandragiri, Tirupati West, and Tiruchanur.
Tirupati Airport is the nearest airport to reach the temple. It has regular flights to Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam. The nearest International airport is Chennai International Airport which is 130 km (81 mi) from Tirupati.
- Tirumala Venkateswara Temple
- Sri Kalyana Venkateswaraswami Temple
- Sri Varahaswami Temple
- Sri Govindarajaswami Temple
- Sri Bedi Anjaneyaswami Temple
- Sri Prasanna Venkateswaraswami Temple
- Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple